Saturday, March 30, 2019

Designer Doodled Necklace Set

Hello Everyone,

Maansi here, hope all of you are doing well and have had a wonderful holi.

For all those who have been following me, you would already know about my latest love... doodling. Well I was on a break from my usual crafting and found a sketch book and some pens and thus started with my journey of doodling.

For those who haven't ever done doodling, let me tell you it addictive. Not only that, it is also very  relaxing. So I would recommend that all of you must try doodling at some point.

So, in my DT kit I had received some MDF bases for jewellery as well as some absolutely gorgeous peacock studs. So taking both of these I decided to do something, a little out of the box.

Here is what I have created.


So the next question would be how did I go about creating this beautiful set. Here is how I went about making this.... 



Step 1 - I painted the base MDF that I had received in white and bronze. The front was painted white. The rims as well as the back was painted bronze. The reason I did this is as I wanted the chain to be mix of gold and bronze. You can do this in any colour of your choice. I have used normal acrylic paints for this. 


Raw base from A1 Craft
(Before Painting)

(After Painting)

Step 2 - Taking a normal white paper, I measured the size of the pendant and earrings. I kept a outline a bit bigger than the actual size. I created a basic outline of the design that I wanted. I have created a mandala style of design (the design is in a circle). Please note that the design for earrings was done together to create a continuity.


Step 3 - I created the actual design on the paper (I used archival pens as I didn't want the image to bleed or fade when I applied the glue / varnish over it). I also added some bronze colour in places to add an interest to the design. After I finished the design I cut the pieces of paper to the size of the design.


Step 4 - Taking decoupage glue I adhered the image to the base. Please note you need to keep a couple of hours gap between each coat of glue for best results. I also sealed the paper by adding decoupage glue on top (2-3 coats). 


Step 5 - Once both my pendant and earrings were completely dry, I cut off any excess paper sticking out. I then varnished all the sides some 7 - 8 times. I like to varnish it pretty well so that I don't have issues in the future. I have used a gloss varnish for the beautiful glossy look. 

Step 6 - For creating the necklace, I made a small tubular netted rope using seed beads(4mm) and pearls from the store. 


Step 7 -  Finally, taking a tiger tail, I stringed the beaded rope along with some 8mm dyed gold pearls. I also added an antique toggle and clasp at the ends. 


Step 8 - Using jump rings and a pearl, I attached the pendant base to the necklace. I also added the beautiful peacock studs to the earring bases. And my beautiful necklace and earring set is ready to wear. 

Here are some close ups of the doodled artwork and the final completed project. 





Hope you enjoyed this tutorial and do leave us some love here.



Supplies Used

MDF Bases

Acrylic Paint

Peacock Studs, Tiger Tail, Crimp Beads, Toggle and Clasp

4 mm Pearls, 8 mm Pearls

Seed Beads

Beading thread, Beading Needle

To place order for any of the supplies. you can send whatsapp message on 8082839533

No comments:

Post a Comment