Friday, May 10, 2019

Decoupage Necklace and Earring Set

Hi Everyone,

This is Maansi here and I am back again with another beautiful jewellery set. This time I am going to be sharing with you a beautiful decoupage necklace and earring set using the napkins from A1 craft.
For those who do follow me know that I have been doing decoupage for a number of years now and absolutely love it.

But making a jewellery is still something that I hadn't done till date. I was super excited with the napkins which were sent as a part of my kit and was waiting to give them a try. So without much wait lets get into the process of creating this.

For this set I have used the beautiful MDF Bases from A1 Craft, a decoupage napkin, some acrylic paint.


 First I went ahead and selected the motif that I wanted to use. I am using a napkin which has various designs in blue. And let me tell you - you can make many different sets of jewellery using different portions of the same napkin.


Once I had decided on the design, I chose the corresponding colours and painted the MDF base.



Once that was dry, I was ready to decoupage the tissue on to the bases. For any decoupage using tissues it is important to remove the layers and only work with the top layer. Also work in sections to ensure that there are no wrinkles. Too much glue will wrinkle the project and too little glue will also also create wrinkles when you add glue on the top to seal it.


I also painted the rims of the base with a metallic blue colour. As they say...."What is life without a bit of bling"


At this point I wasn't quite satisfied with the result. It needed something more. So I dug out these 1mm beautiful stones that I had bought from A1 craft years ago. And I found a perfect blue for this project. So I stuck a few of these stones randomly using a sticky stick.



After this, I varnished the base a couple of times. This ensures that the stones are embedded on to the base. Thus ensuring that stones don't fall off during use.

In the end, I created loops to hang the earring studs and necklace base using a metallic eyepins from my DT Kit. Finally I added  blue pearls from my stash and white seed beads to complete the necklace.




Here are some pictures of the final project.





Supplies Used

MDF Bases
Acrylic Paints
Decoupage Napkins
Decoupage Glue
1mm Stones
Metallic Eye Pins
Lobster Clasp
Tiger Tail
Sticky Pencil
Seed Beads


Hope you like this tutorial. Do leave your comments and love

Wishing you a wonderful day.



3 comments:

  1. nice tutorial.. Helpful in many ways.I came to know abt mdf base, sticky stick and the necklace making design board for the firsttime.. so this is really helpful to beginners..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the kind words.. all materials are available with us for purchase.. we look forward to your creation!

      Delete